There’s been intense speculation in the MetalMiner/Spend Matters office today about what President Obama told Chinese President Hu Jintao today after his bow.
Source: The Drudge Report
Here’s what we believe he might have said (further commentary welcome):
- “Wind and solar power … I defer to you.”
- “Now, about that small matter of intellectual property…”
- “We’d be delighted to have your SOEs buy off our companies! Want a bank or two?”
- “When do I get my red phone?”
- “Will you PLEASE appreciate your currency already?
- “Ok, ok, I agree, the RMB should be the world reserve currency.”
- “No need to hack into our corporate systems this week. Everything you requested is on the USB drive in my pocket.”
- “I’ll sweeten the next treasury offering by agreeing to personally sing a tune on KTV.
- “If you used our technology to beat us in our own market, we would be delighted for you to bid on that rail project in California.”
- “You can have Taiwan if you personally autograph my copy of the ËœArt of War’.”
- “Want to sail aboard QE2 back to Beijing?”
- “Xie-xie, Xie-xie!”
- “I’ve told Joe to spit around the White House today to make you feel more at home.”
- “I’ll trade you a pack of my personal Camels for some more rare earths.”
–Lisa Reisman and Jason Busch