Taras, our journalist extraordinaire, is getting married in mere hours to his college sweetheart, Emily. Look how cute they are:
We’re thrilled for them and very excited to attend the wedding this afternoon. But in thinking about what to write today, we came across this site, cautioning against 33 Ways to Screw Up Your Marriage. As Taras is so deeply steeped in the metals world, we thought we’d provide some MetalMiner advice, just in case. Without further ado, here’s the best we have to offer:
1. You are living a secret life that your spouse does not know about.
MM Version: You’re secretly attending high-performance alloy webinars in the middle of the night to satiate your need for the latest molybdenum news.
2. When something bothers you, you don’t tell your spouse because your spouse should know not to act this way without you saying anything!
MM Version: When something bothers you, you don’t tell your spouse because she’s already warned you that if you freak out about the price of Custom 631 (17Cr-7Ni) AISI Type 631 or ZERONÃ‚Â® 100 (UNS S 32760) again, she’s putting her foot down.
3. When your spouse says, “We need to talk, you reach for the remote control.
MM version: When your spouse says, “We need to talk,” you say, “post a comment on the blog.”
4. You stopped dating your spouse the day you got married or the day your first child was born.
MM version: You stopped taking your spouse to nice restaurants and romantic movies and started taking her to aluminum conferences and on factory tours, asking her to point out the “lean parts of the manufacturing process.
5. You don’t try to understand your spouse’s hobbies and passions.
MM version: You just can’t get your spouse interested in steel dumping.
In all seriousness, we wish Taras and Emily all the best, and know they will have a beautiful wedding, fantastic honeymoon in Iceland, and wonderful life together here in Chicago going forward. Congratulations, Taras and Emily!
â€ The MetalMiner/Spend Matters Team: Sheena Moore, Lisa Reisman, Stuart Burns, Peter Smith, Jason Busch, Thomas Kase, Bill Busch, Nate Burgos