Register now for today’s free webinar, Your Direct Materials Sourcing Guidebook: Six Principles for the Manufacturing Road Ahead, from 11 am – 12 pm CDT.
“The direct materials road ahead requires a rethink of systems — not just processes and talent,” said Jason Busch, executive editor of Spend Matters (MetalMiner’s sister site). “The best preparation is to look for potential uncertainty and have agile systems and processes in place.”
Any future evolution of direct procurement will undoubtedly build on the significant shifts we’ve seen in global manufacturing in the past two decades, according to Busch. In this next stage of growth, MetalMiner and Spend Matters believe technology will catch up to current market requirements.
Both Busch and MetalMiner Editor Lisa Reisman will tackle the following six goals outlined in the Direct Materials Sourcing Guidebook:
- Don’t be at the mercy of the global market
- Remember all the time that your name (i.e., your company’s name) is on the box
- Don’t take a generic approach to your industry-specific needs
- When suppliers become your strategic partners to success, everyone wins
- Break down the walls between engineering and sourcing at all costs
- Build a bridge between your PLM and sourcing solution capabilities
Make sure to join Jason and Lisa today at 11 am CDT so that your company doesn’t fall behind the technology curve in the transition process.