We would like to some time out this week to thank our sponsors for a great 2012. Looking forward to an even better 2013!
Here are just a few things our sponsors have been up to over the past year, according to (and condensed from) the companies’ websites.
Nucor (Lead sponsor)
- Daniel R. DiMicco, who in more than 12 years as Chief Executive Officer led Nucor Corporation (NYSE: NUE) through one of its most profitable growth periods and a total shareholder return of 463.9%, announced that he is passing this responsibility on to current President and Chief Operating Officer, John J. Ferriola
- Nucor entered into a long-term agreement with Encana Oil & Gas (USA) Inc. for an onshore natural gas drilling program in the continental United States that the company believes will ensure a reliable, low-cost supply of natural gas for existing and expected future needs for more than 20 years
- The steel company also completed the acquisition of the membership interest of NJ-based Skyline Steel LLC and its subsidiaries for the purchase price of approximately $605 million
D&B (Lead Sponsor)
- D&B announced the results of its year-end global economic outlook, with the results confirming not only the sluggish global growth anticipated at the start of the year, but the pressing headwinds many markets continue to face heading into 2013
- The company announced the US/China launch of Tradeportal.dnb, enabling B2B buyers and sellers to gain insight and have greater confidence about doing business with each other
- They also launched D&B Compliance Check, a solution providing organizations advanced screening and monitoring of customer and supplier business practices to ensure global regulatory compliance with a growing range of global anti-fraud and corruption regulations
FULLSTEP (Associate sponsor)
- Go no further than Fullstep’s lively LinkedIn Sourcing Forum to see what those spend optimizers have been up to!