Happy Friday, folks – here’s what you need to know from the past week:
- The US steel industry has issued its public policy objectives – will Washington get anything done this year?
- JPMorgan, Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley and other Wall Street banks are getting out of the commodities business – and the Glencore Xstratas of the world are ready to fill the vacuum.
- Does your company buy tin? Make sure to check out our 2014 tin outlook.
- Sure, Apple’s told everyone that they’ve got their conflict minerals compliance ducks in a row, but do you? The SEC’s conflict minerals law compliance deadline is May 31 – make sure your company is ready!
Also – 2 New Reports!
- MetalMiner, in conjunction with the Institute for Supply Management (ISM), just released a report exploring how increased LNG exports would affect US manufacturers: Download it here.
- Our latest monthly metal price trend report, complete with in-depth analysis on 10 metals markets, is out now: Download it here.
Quite the implications for large-scale construction – what’s your take? Leave a comment below!