Hunting for price forecasts for steel, aluminum, copper, or other base metals? Look no further than MetalMiner next week, as we unveil an awesome guide based on our forecasts – more than a cheat-sheet, just shy of a sourcing Bible – to help buying organizations guide their metals purchases through the next 12 months.
But before that, let’s revisit the analysis we’ve bestowed upon the blogosphere this week.
The PGM Grand
Stuart dissected the platinum and palladium markets, and where the big investment banks think they’re going. Hint: there may be some upside looming ahead.
- Johnson Matthey, HSBC: Higher Palladium Price Forecast Through 2017
- Good News for Producers as Platinum Demand, Prices Set to Turn
- HSBC Platinum Price Forecast To 2015: Expect Some Rallies
Other Higher Prices? We Zinc So.
This was the week for zinc coverage – if you haven’t boned up on the latest outlook from Raul, our lead forecasting analyst, we’re copying the link below. This jives with what HSBC foresees, as Stuart has analyzed.
- Zinc Prices Settling; How High Can They Go in 2014?
- Century, Brunswick Zinc Mine Closures Balanced By New Supply
- Why Zinc Prices Will Rise (Hint: Glencore’s Got Something to Do With It)
Lastly, check back in next week for the series of articles based on our monthly MMI – indexes tracking 10 different metal and industry sectors. Have a look at this month’s complete MMI report.