What are your spot buying habits?
Check out our 30-minute debate this morning at 11AM Central (12 PM Eastern) between the husband-wife team of Jason Busch, Executive Editor of Spend Matters and Lisa Reisman, Executive Editor of MetalMiner, who promise to cover the following topics:
– Why sourcing on the spot market is actually speculative behavior and therefore risky
– Why using indexes when sourcing commodities is often just plain bad strategy
– Whether or not sourcing optimization actually creates benefits – it seems like a software led “problem” to create demand for technology
What’s In it for You?
– An interesting argument against conventional wisdom – turn some unconventional practices into profit
– An alternative viewpoint on your direct material commodity spend
– How to wring out every possible bit of value from some well-accepted “best practices”