- India has big plans to modernize its railway system, our Sohrab Darabshaw writes.
- In case you missed it, our November MMI report is out. You can download it here to catch up on news and trends affecting our 10 MMI sub-indexes.
- Electric vehicles are all the rage — but what about simply smaller vehicles when it comes to curbing emissions? Our Stuart Burns delved into the matter earlier this week.
- The recently released Panama Papers shined a light on the world of corporate finance, and, furthermore, tax-dodging methods.
- Prefer to get your metals news and analysis in audio format? You’re in luck, as we recently relaunched the MetalMiner Podcast! In case you missed it, check out the first episode with Michael Stumo, CEO of the Coalition for a Prosperous America.
- Investor interest in commodities has picked up — Burns touched on why that is on Wednesday.
- Aluminum has cooled down a bit, but it might be a temporary dip.
- Our Irene Martinez Canorea offered her own take on the surge in commodities interest, with reference to the CRB index.
- Chinese excess capacity has been a long-standing gripe of producers in the European Union and U.S. But circumvention of antidumping tariffs via third parties is also on the E.U. and U.S.’s radar, Burns writes.
Week in Review: Indian Railways, the Panama Papers and the Return of the MetalMiner Podcast