Before we head into the weekend, let’s take one last look back at the week that was:
- China’s high-tech sector is developing — and fast, writes our Stuart Burns.
- Some locals are expressing dissatisfaction with ArcelorMittal’s proposed takeover of the Italian firm Ilva.
- Fairness in trade can be a particularly thorny issue. Representatives from G20 states recently met in Berlin to discuss how to shift the steel market toward greater fairness, particularly with respect to overcapacity and governmental subsidies.
- Is liquefied natural gas losing a bit of its luster? Burns looked into the world of natural gas, and the picture is not exactly rosy.
- Did you miss our December MMI report? This month’s report was released earlier this week, featuring all the news and analysis you’ll want when it comes to aluminum, stainless steel, copper and the rest of our MMI sub-indexes. This month, five of our MMIs moved up. You can read all about them and much more by downloading a free copy of the report.
- Some steels could be on the brink of a bullish run, writes Irene Martinez Canorea.