Before we come to the end of the first business week of 2018, let’s look back at some of the stories on MetalMiner so far this year:
Benchmark Your Current Metal Price by Grade, Shape and Alloy: See How it Stacks Up
- Chinese supply-side reforms generally have a big impact on metal prices — such was the case for copper, as our Stuart Burns wrote early this week.
- In case you missed it, the fourth episode of our podcast series, Manufacturing Trade Policy Confidential, dropped this week. This time, we spoke with Heidi Brock, CEO of the Aluminum Association.
- With 2018 just under way, many publications are making predictions for the year with respect to the markets and how they will perform (among other things). Burns rounded up some of the predictions being made for the year, ranging from the political to the economic.
- After a solid 2017, Tata Steel has big plans for 2018, Sohrab Darabshaw writes.
- Speaking of supply-side actions, Burns touched on oil output cuts led by OPEC.
- We kicked off our monthly round of Monthly Metals Index (MMI) posts with the Automotive MMI.
- Gold and Bitcoin, in terms of finance, sit on opposite ends of the spectrum, with the former representing tradition and the latter representing the rise of modern cryptocurrencies. However, their relative fortunes are more connected than you might think, Burns writes.
- For our second MMI post, we surveyed the month in construction trends and prices.