Before we head into the weekend, let’s take a look back at the week that was and some of the metals storylines here on MetalMiner:
- The International Copper Study Group released January copper production figures.
- The World Steel Association reported global crude steel production jumped 4.9% year over year in March.
- U.S. housing starts fell once again in March.
- MetalMiner’s Stuart Burns touched on rising ocean freight rates in connection with shipping lines’ efforts to meet new environmental standards.
- Glencore reported its 1Q 2019 production results.
- The United States Trade Representative unveiled its annual special Section 301 report.
- NASA announced the results of an investigation into two launch failures from 2009 and 2011.
- Sohrab Darabshaw delved into the state of Indian mining concessions.