Join us on January 27 from 10-11 am CDT for a webinar presented by Lisa Reisman from MetalMiner and Tim Maierhofer from MetalMiner sponsor, Metalwest.
Which direction will the steel market take in 2011? This webinar will begin with a steel market analysis presented by Lisa Reisman. Using a highly detailed set of indicators, Lisa’s analysis goes beyond the typical data and into the big picture by factoring in global trade and politics. Lisa will offer up forecasts and potential sourcing strategies.
Secondly, in a market where everybody is under intense cost pressure, you may wonder: what can your suppliers do for you to improve your bottom line? Metalwest’s Tim Maierhofer will walk you through specific strategies OEM’s can take “WITH their metal suppliers to pare down some of the excess and operate in a more “lean environment. Tim will present methods of how lean metal supplier programs can help you increase profitability, reduce inventory and provide solutions to your company through:
- Assistance in 5S training and implementation in metal fabrication areas
- Facilitation of set-up reduction (SMED) on metal fabricating equipment to reduce lead time and WIP
- Kanban signaling to your supplier on raw metal stock
- Pull systems through your metal fabrication department
- Metal Yield improvement scrap reduction as an element
- JIT deliveries of raw metal stock
- Intercompany/Supply Chain Lean Events; metal service center-mill service center-outside processor-OEM
Click here to register for this hour-long free event.
About our sponsor:
Metalwest was founded in 1986 and was purchased by the largest family-owned service center in the United States, O’Neal Steel in 1997.Ã‚Â The O’Neal family of companies and Metalwest stand together as leaders in their industry.Ã‚Â Metalwest focuses its efforts in the light-gauge flat-rolled market, including stainless, aluminum, cold-rolled, hot-rolled, painted and coated sheet, and coil.Ã‚Â As a distributor and processor of these products for 25 years, Metalwest understands the pressures affecting an OEM’s business.Ã‚Â As a supplier of OEM’s around the nation that experience excessive work in process, long lead times, capital pressure, production issues, etc., Metalwest engages with customers to not only provide metal but to create solutions for OEM’s that answer those problems.