A Chicago based trading company is building its procurement capability and looking for a highly analytical and motivated manager to support the team. The procurement strategy manager will facilitate the requisition approval process, ensure a smooth and efficient purchase process, and provide financial/data analytics to help drive cost savings. This is a uniquely positioned role that will interface with our technology, finance, accounting, and legal teams. The procurement strategy manager reports in to the head of technology business management and supports multiple business managers.
- Facilitate the requisition approval process for firm-wide purchase requests
- Prepare purchase orders. Review all requisitions for accuracy including requirements and delivery specifications
- Work closely with the company’s vendors and suppliers to ensure timely and accurate product fulfillment. Track orders and settle disputes with product and/or invoicing
- Provide inventory management support for select commodities as needed (e.g. market data subscriptions)
- Work with the accounting team to help ensure a smooth and timely invoice approval process. Assist with invoice reconciliation and proper coding for our back office systems as needed
- Provide business managers with support for monthly/quarterly forecasting. Support the annual budget process
- Manage vendor reporting including license subscriptions and reporting to the Exchanges on data usage
- Provide metrics and analytics on spend, order activity, and vendor performance
- Assist with implementation of a new Procure-to-Pay (P2P) system.
- Support the contract management process. Review and alert on upcoming license and maintenance renewals. Identify cost savings opportunities.
- Collect and provide data required for feed into the company’s Business Management System, Apptio
- Perform market research to better understand current and future product or service offerings
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in business administration, finance, or related area of study
- Minimum 5 years direct work experience in an IT Finance, Procurement, or Purchasing capacity. Trading, finance, or technology industry experience preferred
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills. Must be an expert in Microsoft Excel and proficient with other Microsoft Office products including Microsoft PowerPoint
- Experience working with procurement systems. Adept with technology, tools, and websites
- Must be comfortable with data analysis, collecting data, and writing simple queries. MSSQL skills highly preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Can be trusted to maintain confidentiality with sensitive internal information