MetalMiner’s North American Aluminum Index is a weighted average of all prices submitted for aluminum. Produced each Friday, the average is normalized to account for the composition, size, and quantity of the material purchased, as well as other cost drivers specific to the North American market. The index value is a statistical measure of price movement based on an initial index value established on January 6, 2012.
MetalMiner’s aluminum prices are based on a proprietary database of more than 31+ million transactions collected from more than 1,100 companies operating in 20 industries across North America. Produced each Friday, current prices reflect the average of all prices submitted for a specific grade of metal normalized to account for form, size and quantity purchased. Strong, corrosion resistant, formable and weldable, 3003-H14 aluminum sheet is used in the construction of external fuel tanks, chemical equipment and architectural details.
Looking to price a specific alloy, grade and form combination? We have historical data on over 500! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Questions regarding the use of MetalMiner data for educational or informational purposes should be directed to email@example.com.
- Aluminum-Free Pouches Gradually Replacing Cans, Glass in Asia-Pacific
- Aluminum Price Forecast, January 2017: Beginning the Year on an Uptick
- India Makes the Right Call, Turns Down an Aluminum Minimum Import Price
- Military Grade Aluminum? The Ford F-150 Debate Continues
- Beijing is Meddling With the Economy, Consequences for Metals Coming
- January MMI: Profits Are Being Taken in the Metals Bull Market
- Will Aluminum Experience More of the Same Investor Behavior in 2017?
- Aluminum MMI: Higher Pollution Brings Upside Potential for 2017
Raul de Frutos
- Aluminum MMI Quiet, But With Upside Potential
Raul de Frutos
- Auto Sales Surge Post-Election, As Does the Automotive MMI