The MetalMiner North American Aluminum Price Index (the graph) is a weighted average of all Aluminum prices submitted to our database. Produced each Friday, the average is normalized to account for the composition, size, and quantity of materials purchased, specific to the North American market. The index value is a statistical measure of price movement based on an initial index value established on Jan. 6, 2012.
Prices are based on a proprietary database that comprises:
- More than 31 million transactions
- Collected from more than 1,100 companies
- 20 industries across North America
- Aluminum Prices Rising Despite Weak Demand
- Experts Fail to Quantify Impact of Section 232 Steel, Aluminum Tariffs
- Trump Drops Metals Tariffs on Canada, Mexico; What’s the Impact on Steel, Aluminum Prices?
The MetalMiner Team
- Is it Time to Call a Bear Market for Industrial Metals?
- Aluminum MMI: Aluminum Prices Decline While Monthly Index Gains 2.3%
- Aluminum MMI: Index near three-year low; demand remains constrained
- Global aluminum production rises in October; China’s production hits 3M tons
- Aluminum, Steel Demand Weakens in Northern Europe
- Aluminum MMI: Index Near Three-Year Low as LME Aluminum Trades Sideways
- After Lifting of Alunorte Embargo, Norsk Hydro Ramps Up Production as Aluminum Prices Fall