1008 CR Sheet
1008 CR Coil
MetalMiner’s North American Carbon Steel Index is a weighted average of all prices submitted for carbon steel. Produced each Friday, the average is normalized to account for the composition, size, and quantity of the material purchased, as well as other cost drivers specific to the North American market. The index value is a statistical measure of price movement based on an initial index value established on January 6, 2012.
MetalMiner’s Carbon Steel prices are based on a proprietary database of more than 31+ million transactions collected from more than 1,100 companies operating in 20 industries across North America. Produced each Friday, current prices reflect the average of all prices submitted for a specific grade of metal normalized to account for form, size and quantity purchased. A-36 plate is structural carbon steel used in several general construction applications. 1008 is a commercial grade of Cold Rolled steel sheet and Cold Rolled steel coil.
Need access to better carbon steel price forecasts? Trial MetalMiner’s Monthly Outlook
Looking to price a specific alloy, grade and form combination? We have historical price data on over 500! Contact email@example.com for more information.
- A Better Future for Europe’s Steelmakers (If Their Unions Will Let Them)
- Steel Price Forecast, April 2017: U.S. Steel to Invest in Plants
- European Producers, Politicians Miffed at US Import Duties on Steel Plate
- Steel Price Forecast, March 2017: South Korean Steelmaker Posts Huge Profit
- How Do Service Centers Add Value in Today’s Market? Steel Warehouse, Berlin and Chicago Tube and Iron Weigh In
- Surging Coking Coal Could Lift Steel Prices in China
Raul de Frutos
- Automotive MMI: The End of the Long US Auto Sales Boom? And High Automotive Steel Prices?
- Steel Prices: Cold-Rolled Coil Hits a 5-Year High, Will They Continue to Rise?
Raul de Frutos
- Construction MMI Flat as US Spending Falters in January
- Automotive MMI Drops 4.3%, What’s Going On With Steel?