1008 CR Sheet
1008 CR Coil
The MetalMiner North American Carbon Steel Price Index (the graph) is a weighted average of all Carbon Steel prices submitted to our database. Produced each Friday, the average is normalized to account for the composition, size, and quantity of materials purchased, specific to the North American market. The index value is a statistical measure of price movement based on an initial index value established on Jan. 6, 2012.
Prices are based on a proprietary database that comprises:
- More than 31 million transactions
- Collected from more than 1,100 companies
- 20 industries across North America
- Experts Fail to Quantify Impact of Section 232 Steel, Aluminum Tariffs
- Will a Weakening Yuan Result in Rising CRC Steel Imports from China?
- Is British Steel a Victim of Brexit or an Undeserving Wastrel?
- Trump Drops Metals Tariffs on Canada, Mexico; What’s the Impact on Steel, Aluminum Prices?
The MetalMiner Team
- Chinese HRC Prices Continue to Rise on the Back of Government Stimulus Measures
- Raw Steels MMI: Sluggish August Demand Hits Index
- India’s Steel Sector Woes Continue as Steel Inventories Pile Up
- Raw Steels MMI: Mixed Price Movements Lead to One-Point Index Drop
- Raw Steels MMI: Weak U.S. Prices Lead to One-Point Index Decline
- Rising Iron Ore Prices Push Some Chinese Steel Mills into the Red