The MetalMiner North American Aluminum Price Index (the graph) is a weighted average of all Aluminum prices submitted to our database. Produced each Friday, the average is normalized to account for the composition, size, and quantity of materials purchased, specific to the North American market. The index value is a statistical measure of price movement based on an initial index value established on Jan. 6, 2012.
Prices are based on a proprietary database that comprises:
- More than 31 million transactions
- Collected from more than 1,100 companies
- 20 industries across North America
- Experts Fail to Quantify Impact of Section 232 Steel, Aluminum Tariffs
- Trump Drops Metals Tariffs on Canada, Mexico; What’s the Impact on Steel, Aluminum Prices?
The MetalMiner Team
- Is it Time to Call a Bear Market for Industrial Metals?
- Aluminum MMI: Aluminum Prices Decline While Monthly Index Gains 2.3%
- India’s Aluminum Producers, Like Steel Counterparts, Battle Rising Imports
- Aluminum MMI: Global Demand Weakness Leads to Index Decline
- Aluminum Market is in Balance – For Now
- Aluminum MMI: Global Demand Weakness Pulls the Index Back
- Aluminum Dissonance: Why Have Prices Softened Despite Supply Deficit?
- Aluminum’s Short-Term Fundamentals are Less Than Promising