Before we head into the weekend, let’s take a look at the week that was and some of the metals storylines here on MetalMiner:
- The International Copper Study Group reported the global copper market was in surplus over the first two months of the year.
- A British firm is planning on rolling out a perovskite-based solar cell that uses tin.
- Burns on Baowu Steel’s acquisition of rival Magang.
- MetalMiner released its June Monthly Metal Buying Outlook earlier this week.
- The oil price has come back down after April’s surge.
- Sohrab Darabshaw on Indian steel companies and iron ore miners are hoping the Indian government will auction private iron ore mining licenses when they expire next year.
- Gold is outperforming other commodities, Burns writes.
- We kicked off MMI week with coverage of our Automotive and Construction MMIs.