Before we head into the weekend, let’s take a look back at the week that was and some of the metals storylines here on MetalMiner:
Cut-to-length adders. Width and gauge adders. Coatings. Feel confident in knowing what you should be paying for metal with MetalMiner should-cost models.
Week of Sept. 27-Oct. 1
- Automakers see 2022 steel price contract negotiations looking brutal
- US steel imports dip in August; steel prices continue gains
- Aluminum prices are being driven high by constrained supply rather than rampant demand
- Russia’s 15% export duty hasn’t boosted flat-rolled prices as feared, traders say
- Nuclear to power Poland’s copper production
- Department of Commerce launches Section 232 neodymium magnets probe
- Global crude steel production down in August, China’s drops 5.3%
- Like steel, global aluminum production slides
More MetalMiner is available on LinkedIn.