Before we head into the weekend, let’s take a look back at the week that was via some of the metals stories here on MetalMiner®:
- Automakers are speaking out against what could be a new round of tariffs from the Trump administration, this time on automobiles and automotive components.
- Zinc prices got a short-lived boost from the news cycle last week, but have continued to drop this week.
- Tata Steel and thyssenkrupp signed a finalized deal to merge their European operations, making what will be Europe’s second-largest steelmaker.
- General Motors was one of more than 2,300 interested parties to submit a formal public comment relating to the Department of Commerce’s Section 232 automotive probe.
- MetalMiner’s Stuart Burns also offered his take regarding the potential impact of automotive tariffs on the sector.
- What does the Tata Steel-thyssenkrupp joint venture mean for some of the former’s operations in India?
- It’s time for the monthly round of Monthly Metals Index (MMI) reports — check out the first three subindex roundups for the Automotive, Construction and Renewables sectors.