Before we head into the weekend, let’s take a look back at the week that was and some of the metals-related storylines here on MetalMiner:
- MetalMiner’s Stuart Burns took a look at Rusal and the impact U.S. sanctions have had on the Russian aluminum giant since April.
- In case you missed it, our August Monthly Metal Index (MMI) Report was released earlier this week. Take a look for snapshots of the last month in our 10 MMI subindexes.
- Burns also delved into the burgeoning tensions between the U.S. and Turkey, and the effects of recent measures on the Turkish currency and economy at large.
- Tariffs have been largely beneficial to U.S. steelmakers, but what about capacity utilization?
- We recently spoke with Resilinc President and CEO Bindiya Vakil about how to leverage data to mitigate risk, whether in relation to tariffs or general supply chain visibility.
- India’s primary aluminum producers are looking to the government to impose import caps.
- The U.S. Department of Commerce made a final affirmative determination in its anti-dumping and countervailing subsidy investigations of stainless steel flanges from India.
- Burns investigated trends in the natural gas sector and what we can expect throughout the rest of the year.