Before we head into the weekend, let’s take a look back at the week that was and some of the metals storylines here on MetalMiner:
Need buying strategies for steel? Request your two-month free trial of MetalMiner’s Outlook
- A recent fire at an Indian plant that killed nine workers again raised significant concerns about safety standards in the country.
- In case you missed it, the October Monthly Metals Index (MMI) came out earlier this month, tracking the performance of MetalMiner’s 10 metals subindexes.
- ArcelorMittal’s takeover of Ilva could result in the significant increase in Liberty House’s European presence.
- The Department of Commerce launched anti-dumping and countervailing duty investigations of aluminum wire and cable imports from China.
- MetalMiner’s Stuart Burns delved into the performance of iron ore amid significant global trade pressures.
- The World Steel Association released its Short Range Outlook, detailing global demand forecasts for 2018 and 2019.
- India is struggling with a shortage of coal.
- Alcoa released its Q3 financial results this week, which included the announcement of a $200 million share buyback program.
For more efficient carbon steel buying strategies, take a free trial of MetalMiner’s Monthly Outlook!