Before we head into the weekend, let’s take a look back at the week that was and some of the metals storylines here on MetalMiner:
- Earlier this month, President Donald Trump and Prime Minister Narendra Modi chatted about U.S.-India trade relations.
- Stuart Burns on the E.U.’s decision to impose new steel quotas in an effort to combat diverted steel supplies.
- Businesses will have to reckon with the impact of climate change in the coming years, particularly its impact on supply chains and risk mitigation.
- In case you missed it, we released our January Monthly Metals Index (MMI) report earlier this week, with coverage of 10 MMI subindexes.
- Irene Martinez Canorea looked back at developments in the world of metals through the first half of January.
- The U.S. steel sector posted a capacity utilization rate of 79.5% through Jan. 12.
- Two major automakers announced a new alliance.
- A resolution to block the Trump administration’s decision to ease sanctions on Russian entities fell just short.
- The Brexit drama continued this week with a historic defeat of Prime Minister Theresa May’s proposed divorce deal from the European Union.