Before we head into the weekend, let’s take a look back at the week that was and some of the metals storylines here on MetalMiner:
- GM announced the rollout of its new electric bike models in Europe.
- Stuart Burns wrote about the impact of supply fears on the price of iron ore.
- Burns also covered the London Metal Exchange and its attempt to save its cobalt contract.
- The Motor and Equipment Manufacturers Association said it was “alarmed and dismayed” that the Section 232 report — sent to the president before the Sunday, Feb. 17 deadline — on automobiles and automotive parts has not been made public.
- In other GM news, the automaker announced investments totaling $56 million at two of its Michigan plants.
- Like their steel counterparts, India’s aluminum producers are facing a battle against imports.
- As automakers slash production and cut jobs around the world, the near-term outlook, at the very least, looks shaky.
- Tin’s star could be rising vis-a-vis application in lithium-ion batteries.