Before we head into the weekend, let’s take a look back at the week that was and some of the metals storylines here on MetalMiner:
- In case you missed it, MetalMiner’s June 2019 Monthly Metals Index report is out.
- MetalMiner’s Belinda Fuller delved into Chinese steel prices and trends in a two-part series earlier this week (Part 1, Part 2).
- U.S. steel production is up 5.9% through the first 5 1/2 months of the year compared with the equivalent period in 2018.
- U.S. housing starts declined in May.
- MetalMiner’s Stuart Burns surveyed the state of the U.S. Midwest Premium — that is, why it remains so high.
- MetalMiner’s Sohrab Darabshaw on India’s retaliatory tariffs on U.S. goods and what they mean for future relations between the U.S. and India.
- Burns on gold’s boost from Federal Reserve news this week.
- Earlier this week, Mexico became the first of the three NAFTA countries to ratify the United States-Mexico-Canada Agreement (USMCA).