Before we head into the weekend, let’s take a look back at the week that and some of the metals storylines here on MetalMiner:
Need buying strategies for steel? Request your two-month free trial of MetalMiner’s Outlook
- Stuart Burns on a tussle between Pakistan’s government and a mining company over development of a copper and gold mine in a remote region of the country.
- Sohrab Darabshaw on Indian steel companies’ concerns about declining automotive sales.
- We wrapped up our week of Monthly Metals Index (MMI) analyses with articles on the following indexes:
- What impact could the fluctuations of the stock market have on commodities prices?
- The automotive sector has slumped in some of the biggest markets around the world.
- India’s NALCO is moving forward with plans to develop domestic aluminum production, part of an overall effort to lessen the country’s dependence on foreign metal and technology.