Before we head into the weekend, let’s take a look back at the week that was and some of the metals storylines here on MetalMiner:
- Alcoa reached a tentative four-year labor deal with the United Steelworkers union.
- Indonesia announced it intends to move up its planned nickel ore export ban by two years.
- Norsk Hydro filed a petition with the Brazilian federal court in Belem asking for the removal of embargoes on the company’s DRS2 bauxite reside deposit area.
- MetalMiner’s Sohrab Darabshaw delved into the challenges faced by India’s steel sector.
- U.S. automotive sales surged in August.
- MetalMiner’s Stuart Burns on German steelmaker Thyssenkrupp’s struggles.
- MetalMiner has launched a new MetalMiner Insights platform, replete with metals pricing insight and data analysis capability that metals procurement professionals can leverage to inform their buying strategies.