Before we head into the weekend, let’s take a look back at the week that was and some of the metals storylines here on MetalMiner®:
Need buying strategies for steel? Try two free months of MetalMiner’s Outlook
- MetalMiner’s Stuart Burns delves into the disconnect between the iron ore price and the finished steel price.
- Global trade tensions had a chilling effect on Q2 M&A activity in the metals sector.
- Novelis will acquire the Ohio-based Aleris in a $2.6 billion deal.
- June proved to be another productive month for global steel production.
- The gold price has fallen back so far this year, but does H2 hold better days? According to a recent World Gold Council report, several factors could see the safe-haven asset regain some of its luster.
- Multinational miner Glencore released its production report for the first half of the year.
- What’s next after that much-ballyhooed meeting between President Donald Trump and European Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker?
- We could be seeing the beginning of a rise in Indian gold mining.
- MMI Week is underway, kicked off with our monthly look at the construction sector.