Before we head into the weekend, let’s take a look back at the week that was and some of the metals storylines here on MetalMiner:
- Stuart Burns on the cooling Tesla-Panasonic relationship.
- India’s steel exports to the U.S. plunged last year.
- Belinda Fuller took a look at tin prices, which have leveled off after a hot start to the year.
- The London Metal Exchange kicked off a formal consultation period on ethical sourcing principles for LME-listed brands.
- U.S. imports of Chinese aluminum foil dropped 64% last year, according to the Aluminum Association.
- The European Commission approved the sale of a number of ArcelorMittal’s European assets to Liberty House Group.
- The U.S. Department of Commerce made a preliminary affirmative determination in its anti-dumping probe of steel wheels from China.
- Burns delved into oil market trends and the ongoing attempt at balance.