Before we head into the weekend, let’s take a look back at the week that was and some of the metals storylines here on MetalMiner:
Need buying strategies for steel? Request your two-month free trial of MetalMiner’s Outlook
- In case you missed it, the July 2019 MMI report was released last week.
- Zinc and lead both posted global supply deficits over the first five months of the year.
- President Donald Trump aimed to increase domestic content in federal procurement via an executive order signed this week.
- Stuart Burns on costly setbacks at Rio Tinto’s Oyu Tolgoi mine in Mongolia.
- Sohrab Darabshaw on last week’s round of trade talks between the U.S. and India.
- Nickel prices have received a shock amid news of a nickel ore export ban in Indonesia.
- We chatted with Josh Spoores, principal analyst for steel at CRU, ahead of next month’s SMU Steel Summit.
- U.S. housing starts in June were down 0.9% from the previous month but up 6.2% year over year.