Before we head into the weekend, let’s take a look back at the week that was and some of the headlining stories here on MetalMiner:
- How did the rest of the world react to President Donald Trump’s initial announcement last week about steel and aluminum tariffs? Not favorably, Stuart Burns wrote.
- Not surprisingly, on the heels of Trump’s announcement, battles lines started to be drawn, Burns wrote.
- We kicked off our March Monthly Metals Index (MMI) series this week. Check out our posts thus far on: Automotive, Aluminum, Global Precious, Copper, Construction, Rare Earths, Renewables and Raw Steels.
- What has happened to Chinese aluminum prices on the heels of the winter slowdown?
- How would the tariffs impact India? Our Sohrab Darabshaw ponders the new tariffs’ potential impact on the country.
- Lisa Reisman writes about a government study of the impact of steel safeguard measures (e.g., tariffs) on steel-consuming industries.
- After much waiting, President Trump officially signed the steel and aluminum tariffs into law, duties which, for the moment, exempt NAFTA partners Canada and Mexico.