Before we head into the weekend, let’s take a look back at the week that was and some of the metals storylines here on MetalMiner®:
- MetalMiner’s Stuart Burns took a look at gold and why it hasn’t been the safe-haven asset it typically is.
- We wrapped up this month’s MMI series , reviewing what was a generally down month for a lot of metals markets. Check out this week’s MMI posts on: Rare Earths, Copper, Aluminum, GOES, Raw Steels, Stainless Steel and Global Precious.
- The Department of Justice is investigating Glencore’s business dealings in the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Nigeria and Venezuela.
- Iron ore could be due for a fall later this year.
- China is looking to cozy up to Europe after the U.S.’s tariff measures and the United States Trade Representative’s office published guidance on the Section 301 exclusion request process.