Before we head into the weekend, let’s take a look back at the week that was and some of the top metals storylines here on MetalMiner:
- The shale gas sector appears to be slowing down, but the extent and longevity of the slowdown remains to be seen.
- Did you miss any of our Monthly Metals Index (MMI) reports this past week? This week we published updates on the following subindexes: Renewables, Aluminum, Rare Earths, Global Precious, Copper, Raw Steels, Stainless Steel and GOES.
- The U.S. sanctions deadline on Rusal (and other Russian firms and their owners) is fast approaching.
- Are we being a bit too relaxed about the unfolding trade war between the U.S. and China?
- The price of alumina might not get a lot of attention, but it’s something worth keeping an eye on.