Before we head into the weekend, let’s take a look back at some of the metals storylines here on MetalMiner this week:
- Sohrab Darabshaw took a look into what analysts are saying about Indian gold demand this year.
- We wrapped up our February Monthly Metals Index (MMI) series this week, with posts on:
- Europe’s recently approved steel safeguard measures officially went into effect this month.
- Is a recession underway in Europe? Not yet, writes Stuart Burns, but there are clear signs of slowing growth.
- Burns also looked into what is going on with the aluminum price and how Chinese export levels could send it up or down this year.
- The Indian steel sector is turning to the government for help in the hopes the latter will impose steel import duties.