Before we head into the weekend, let’s take a look back at the week that was and some of the metals storylines here on MetalMiner:
Need buying strategies for steel? Request your two-month free trial of MetalMiner’s Outlook
- U.S. mines had a productive 2018.
- Automaker Toyota announced it would be increasing its $10 billion U.S. investment pledge, bringing it up to $13 billion.
- Norwegian aluminum maker Norsk Hydro announced the resignation of its CEO of 10 years.
- As growth levels slow in many places around the world, some are hoping China can help pick up the global economic outlook.
- MetalMiner’s Belinda Fuller penned a two-part series this week on steel prices — check out Part 1 and Part 2.
- U.S. steel capacity utilization continues to sit north of the 80% mark.
- MetalMiner’s Stuart Burns took a look at the state of the oil price as OPEC members (and other oil-producing nations) strive to realize previously announced production curb targets.