Before we head into the weekend, let’s take a look back at the week that was with some of the stories here on MetalMiner:
Need buying strategies for steel? Try two free months of MetalMiner’s Outlook
- When the next economic crisis hits, what will be the cause? MetalMiner’s Stuart Burns looked at one possibility.
- Europe’s dependence on imports of lithium is leading to one investment partnership that will seek to find and develop sources of the metal in Europe.
- Copper prices bounced back up last month, Irene Martinez Canorea wrote in her Copper Monthly Metals Index (MMI) report.
- In other news, a discovery of a deposit of rare-earth oxides under Japanese waters could be a big deal … one day.
- The LME aluminum price soared last month, hitting a more than seven-year high.
- It was a down month for many of the metals tracked in our Renewables MMI basket.
- LME nickel prices also rose last month, albeit at a slower rate than in 2017, Martinez Canorea explains.
- U.S. imports of grain-oriented electrical steel (GOES) dropped considerably last month, from over 3,000 tons in March to less than 1,000 in April, MetalMiner Executive Editor Lisa Reisman explained.