Before we head into the weekend, let’s take a look back at the week that was and some of the metals storylines here on MetalMiner:
Need buying strategies for steel? Request your two-month free trial of MetalMiner’s Outlook
- Tata Steel is looking to unify its brand, as it has been a busy year on the M&A trail for the Mumbai-based firm.
- In case you missed it, we released the November Monthly Metals Index (MMI) report earlier this week, with news and analysis on our 10 metals subindexes.
- Ford had a down sales month in China, where automotive demand on the whole has been cooling.
- Tata Steel announced its financial results for the most recent quarter, which was a strong one for the firm.
- Liberty House has sealed a financing deal to acquire Rio Tinto’s Dunkerque aluminum smelter in France.
- Another industry group weighed in on the much-criticized Section 232 tariff exclusion request process.
- MetalMiner’s Stuart Burns earlier this morning checked in on the sliding oil price and what it means for commodities.