Before we head into the weekend, let’s take a look back at the week that was and some of the metals storylines here on MetalMiner:
Need buying strategies for steel? Request your two-month free trial of MetalMiner’s Outlook
- U.S. steel imports are down 13% through the first half of the year.
- Norsk Hydro announced it will supply aluminum for battery casing in Audi’s first fully electric model.
- Stuart Burns on Western carmakers’ challenges in the Chinese market.
- Iron ore has recently come off the five-year high reached earlier this year.
- Global crude steel production was up 4.6% in the first half of 2019.
- The Indian government has plans for water piping that could prove to be beneficial to the country’s steel sector.
- Metals procurement professionals last week gathered at the MetalMiner office for the MetalMiner Forecasting Workshop.
- Glencore this week released its first-half production results.
- Shocking markets once again, President Donald Trump announced a new 10% tariff on an additional $300 billion in Chinese goods.