Before we head into the weekend, let’s take a look back at the week that was and some of the metals storylines here on MetalMiner:
- Following the signing of the United States-Mexico-Canada Agreement (USMCA) during the Group of 20 (G20) summit in Argentina, industry groups and companies shared their thoughts.
- Speaking of G20, Stuart Burns delved into what the G20 meant for U.S.-China relations and the prospects for a deescalation of trade tensions.
- U.S. aluminum maker Century Aluminum announced the expansion of its Sebree smelter in Kentucky.
- Miner Rio Tinto celebrated its first bauxite shipment from its Amrun mine in Australia.
- We kicked off our monthly round of Monthly Metals Index (MMI) reports this week. Check out the first installments for the following subindexes: Automotive, Construction, Rare Earths, Renewables and Aluminum.
- Burns touched on one indicator to consider when looking to predict the direction of metal prices: pollution levels in China.