Before we head into the weekend, let’s take a look at the week that was and some of the metals storylines here on MetalMiner:
- The palladium price continues to soar, MetalMiner’s Taras Berezowsky explained in this month’s Global Precious MMI.
- Rare earths miner Lynas Corp. is appealing a condition put forth by the Malaysian government related to the miner’s license renewal.
- Stainless steel surcharges and LME nickel prices made gains this past month.
- The copper price also trended upward last month, but it could be entering a sideways trend.
- MetalMiner’s Stuart Burns writes about recession concerns in the U.S. and elsewhere, and signs pointing in that direction.
- Several billionaires are backing a new startup that aims to find new sources of cobalt, using “statistical modeling, big data aggregation, and basic science” to improve methods of exploration.
- ArcelorMittal’s resolution plan for the bankrupt Essar Steel Ltd. received approval from an Indian tribunal — but an additional challenge awaits, MetalMiner’s Sohrab Darabshaw explained.