Before we head into the weekend, let’s take a look back at the week that was and some of the metals storylines here on MetalMiner:
- MetalMiner’s Belinda Fuller’s Raw Steels MMI report runs down the month in the raw steels sector.
- The World Bank recently launched a new fund targeting the development of sustainable mining practices to support renewable energy installation.
- Stuart Burns on steelmaker ArcelorMittal’s decision to idle production at a number of its European facilities.
- U.S.-China trade talks took a turn over the last week.
- Fuller on rising China HRC prices.
- Stocks markets have felt the pain on the heels of the latest chapter in the ongoing U.S.-China trade war saga.
- What’s next for Tata Steel after its planned joint venture with German firm Thyssenkrupp fell apart amid regulatory scrutiny?
- The International Lead and Zinc Study Group forecast a global surplus for lead this year and a zinc deficit.