Before we head into the weekend, let’s take a look back at the week that was and some of the metals storylines here on MetalMiner:
- MetalMiner’s Stuart Burns covered the Federal Reserve’s latest rate hike.
- Zinc could be in for an image shakeup in the coming years, particularly vis-a-vis possible rising demand for use in batteries.
- China’s winter capacity curbing efforts appear to be taking on a less stringent tone this time around.
- After more than a year of talks, the U.S., Canada and Mexico reached a deal to renegotiate the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA), which has been rebranded as the United States-Mexico-Canada Agreement.
- We kicked off our monthly round of Monthly Metals Index (MMI) reports this week. In case you missed it, check out the first four reports on the automotive, construction, rare earths and renewables sectors.
- Oil prices have been on the rise of late, and are likely due for further rises throughout the remainder of the year.