Before we head into the weekend, let’s take a look back at the week that was and some of the metals storylines here on MetalMiner:
- Could the iron ore price continue to rise even further?
- The April Monthly Metals Index (MMI) report is in the books, chronicling all the news and trends for 10 MMI subindexes.
- Norwegian aluminum maker Norsk Hydro announced plans to invest in new technology at its Husnes plant.
- India launched anti-dumping probes of aluminum and zinc-coated flat products from China, South Korea and Vietnam.
- The World Steel Association forecast global steel demand to moderate this year and next.
- U.S. raw steel production for the year through April 13 increased 6.8% compared to the equivalent period in 2018.
- MetalMiner’s Belinda Fuller checked in on Chinese steel production levels.
- On the heels of a pair of tropical cyclones last month that impacted operations, Rio Tinto downgraded its 2019 iron ore guidance.
- Russian aluminum giant Rusal made a splash with its first post-sanctions U.S. investment.