Before we head into the weekend, let’s take a look back at the week that was and some of the metals storylines here on MetalMiner:
- The European Commission has proposed scaling back a planned increase in its steel import quota levels.
- Monthly Metals Index (MMI) coverage concluded this week with analysis on:
- General Motors workers officially went on strike this week, the first nationwide strike at the automaker since 2007.
- Oil prices jumped on the heels of recent attacks at Saudi Arabian oil installations.
- MetalMiner Executive Editor Lisa Reisman on the GM strike’s potential impact on steel prices.
- MetalMiner’s Sohrab Darabshaw weighed in on slowing growth and its impact on the iron ore market.
- The U.S. steel industry’s year-to-date steel production is up 3.8% compared with the same period last year.
- As the Brexit deadline inches closer, the U.K. is preparing for what would be a radically different trade environment if it ultimately opts to exit the E.U.