Before we head into the weekend, let’s take a look back at the week that was and some of the headlines here on MetalMiner:
Buying Aluminum in 2018? Download MetalMiner’s free annual price outlook
- India and Iran recently inked a $2 billion deal that will see the two countries cooperating on railways work, Sohrab Darabshaw writes.
- Why hasn’t India’s middle class grown at the same rate as China’s? Our Stuart Burns explored that and more in his post this week about Indian growth levels.
- Last year was a big one for copper. We looked into some trends to watch for the metal in 2018.
- On the heels of the Section 232 steel report, Secretary of Commerce Wilbur Ross moved the ball into President Trump’s court vis-a-vis the accompanying aluminum probe.
- How far way is Elon Musk’s Hyperloop vision from reality? In some areas, probably not as far into the future as you might think.
- Base metal prices have leveled off after an uptrend capping an altogether booming 2017, but that doesn’t mean the rally is over, our Irene Martinez Canorea writes.
- World crude steel output rose by 5.3% in 2017, according to the World Steel Association’s annual report.
- The near future looks bright for tantalum and lithium, according to one report.
- Some aluminum-intensive vehicles were recognized for excellence at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit.
Want to see an Aluminum Price forecast? Take a free trial!