Before we head into the weekend, let’s take a look at the week that was and some of the metals coverage here on MetalMiner, including: copper prices, “Steelmageddon,” rising palladium prices, and aluminum and steel demand in Europe.
- MetalMiner’s Belinda Fuller on recent copper price trends.
- MetalMiner’s Stuart Burns weighed in on “Steelmageddon.”
- Nickel prices have come down from a September peak of $18,100/mt.
- The price of palladium has recently soared to record highs.
- October proved to be another down month for steel prices.
- After plunging in the approximately year and a half since March 2018, cobalt prices have showed signs of recovering.
- Burns on the nitrogen emissions debate in the Netherlands and its impact on metals demand.
- The U.S. wants investment from E.U.-based automakers.
- China’s Jingye Group is moving to take over the insolvent British Steel after previous talks with Turkey’s Ataer Holding fell apart without a deal.