Before we head into the weekend, let’s take a look back at the week that was and some of the metals storylines here on MetalMiner:
Need buying strategies for steel? Request your two-month free trial of MetalMiner’s Outlook
- Stuart Burns delved into the role of climate change and the opportunity for innovation to meet environmental targets.
- This month’s round of Monthly Metals Index (MMI) reports kicked off with updates on:
- Sohrab Darabshaw on the Indian government’s drive to meet its renewable energy target.
- President Donald Trump announced new sanctions targeting Iran’s metals sector.
- The U.S. raised tariffs on a wide variety of imports from China, amounting to approximately $200 billion in goods; the tariff rate on those goods increased from 10% to 25% as of 12:01 a.m. ET Friday, May 10.